Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Bodywork - Sun roof leak - 1994 Clio

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2006
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.The first thing I would make sure of is if it is the sunroof that leaks or the radio aerial.There is a known problem with the aerial base leaking and water running in around the interior light housing.To seal the aerial you have to remove the light housing and undo the nut holding the aerial in the roof.Remove the aerial and clean around the area where it sits in the roof.Apply a small amount of silicone or similar sealer around the aerial base and replace it,removing any excess that sqeezes out as you do the retaining nut up.Leave the sealer to 'go off' then test it by pouring water around the aerial base.If this doesn't cure your water leak(and I suspect it will!) then clean out the drain holes for the sunroof(With the sunroof open theres 1 in each corner,idealy you need compressed air to blow them out).I would get this sorted asap before the water gets into the remote locking sensor and damages it leaving you stranded(the car will be immobilised and won't start!).Hope this helps.
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome