Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Monaco GP

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 19th April 2015
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Re: Laguna Monaco GP

IMO most all of the reviewers are somewhat like Clarkson they believe the Lags are too soft a ride & consider them (wollowey <-- is that a word) or have I invented a new one?

On two occasions I took a test drive in a Mondeo after the first I purchased a 2.2 TD Lag 1 Wow! Was I glad I did, the comfort levels & reliability were brilliant, I did around 70k miles of which a lot of miles included caravan towing, I'm rather proud to say when I had the caravan on the back no other car with a van on the back ever managed to overtake me, I used to leave them behind for dead.

The second Mondy was a 2 litre Ghia :spit: I had the Lag 2 GT dCi again the ride was second to none, it also pulled the caravan brill, unfortunately this car was let down by me following stupidly high, oil & filter changes which were recommended by Renault. once the warranty period was over I changed to a petrol 1.6 megane, the car was faultless for 5 years after which I decided I'd had more than my fair share of Renaults (about 10 -12)

BTW you must like your music.

It's your choice however if it were me, I'd go for 64Gb USB sticks rather than a USB hard drive, the latter being an electro mechanical device, spinning disks are much more inclined to fail in use.

Just my 2p worth
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome