Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is the damage worse than I thought??

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 18th August 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
How does the car feel to drive since the accident? If it had twisted as a result, then I think you'd notice the difference. I once had an Astra that was badly 'jigged' after an accident - it always pulled to one side under acceleration after that.

The best way to put your mind at rest would be to take it to a body shop and have them check it over. They can accurately measure the spacing between all of the wheels, and tell you if any measurements are outside of acceptable tolerances.

If those measurements check out okay, then I'd say the rest is probably cosmetic. It may even be the case that the car was like that before, but you've started looking for problems since the bump.

If they show a problem, then it's most likely that some of the suspension components have distorted. Expensive but not horriffic. Worst case scenario is that the car will need jigging - I suspect you'll need to go through the insurance if that happens, in which case they'll hopefully reimburse you for the repairs you've paid out for so far (as long as you didn't do them 'cash in hand' and got receipts.)
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome