Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Bumper removal on Laguna 2

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 18th August 2007 Thread Starter
Anthony Smith
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
madnoel10, to try to keep the story short. My Dad run in the back of someone, at about walking pace, at a junction, they started to go, nothing was coming so my Dad started to go and the car in front, for reasons unknown stopped and 'Dink' So my Dad's insurance paid out for the car he run into, which had a towing hitch, and paid for a new bumper on my Dad's, which the 'main agent' repaired.
Not long after my Dad asked me what I knew about air con as his wasn't blowing cold air, I said I knew the basics. My Dad took it back to the main agent to get it serviced and re-gassed but they told him the condensor was leaking. When we took the grill off and looked at the condensor, the damage was where the towing hitch on the other car had touched the condensor and the main agent hadn't seen this when it come into be repaired. I got a new condensor for him and we fittted it Friday morning but it didn't come with new 'O' rings so we thought the origanal ones would be O.K. But this morning my Dad took it to another air con agent and they have said there is all R134a all over the engine and don't know if this is the new fluid or from the 'service' before. So upto now the main agent is causing us a load of trouble because of their incompetance.
A/ They didn't see the damage to the condensor
B/ They serviced the air con after, spotted the damage and told my Dad they can put it all right for about 500.
And as I said, this is the same franchise that wanted to charge me 500 to re-place the cam belt on a Shogun that had a cam chain.
Currently in Anthony Smith's garage:
2002 Renault Megane Scenic RX4 2.0 16V
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome