Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - engine management light

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
engine management light

Hi have a problem with renault scenic mark1. A few months ago the car was losing a lot of power regularly and the engine management light kept coming on. The renault garage local to me had the car and cleaned the EGR valve, which cured the loss of power. Now the engine management light comes on when the engine is under a lot of duress e.g. climbing a hill and although power is still there it doesn't seem to be as good as it should. The engine management light then goes off again after a few minutes of normal driving conditions. Firstly I put it down to the fact that I am used to driving performance petrol cars, got the scenic when second baby arrived, but I think that performance should be better going uphill and i'm certain that the engine management light shouldn't be coming on. I have read a lot on this forum about it and have recleaned the EGR valve myself but no improvement this time.

Last edited by Crockshire; 19th August 2007 at 08:49 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Crockshire
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
engine management light Cars & motoring Crockshire 2 859 19th August 2007 08:48 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome