Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna engine management light

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via AIM to g-lo
Unhappy Laguna engine management light

hello everyone,

could someone please help me with a problem with my laguna 1.9 dci dynamique. Last week i was driving to my in laws and all of a sudden i lost about 95% power. i managed to limp to my destination. The glow plug heater light and the management light went on and stayed on. i called my breakdown company who responded in reasonable time. They couldnt find anything wrong with the turbo , the intercooler or anything else. The light was still on though and when revving the car loads of black crap came from the exhaust. He suggested that it was the EGR valve and it needed replacing (what ever that is). After about two hours of worry everything went back to normal and the car ran fine and has done so since, I have also noticed a high pitch whistling when accelerating. Does anyone have a clue as to what could be wrong and how i can fix the car. Please help i'm at my whits end as i need the car for my work and travel about 120 miles daily.
Currently in g-lo's garage:
2001 Renault Lagunna II 1.9dci Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by g-lo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Its Gone Cars & motoring Tiggerz_SRi 4 965 16th January 2008 06:38 AM
Part numbers Engines hondo 1 929 10th November 2007 08:57 PM
Accident Repairers good or bad? Cars & motoring madnoel10 1 929 9th November 2007 04:18 PM
Tyre valves Wheels & tyres ottoman 1 879 7th November 2007 06:54 PM
Long WayDown Cars & motoring g-lo 8 1349 30th October 2007 06:01 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome