Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - exterior temperature sensor

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by shortylaguna View Post
I have a 2002 laguna 2.0 ide , i would be grateful if anyone could tell me where the sensor is that detects the temperature outside the car as its not reading correctly, any help would be great.
I have the same car as you - well not the same obvoiusly but a 2002 2.0 IDE Initiale.
The mirrors on mine are not just clipped in place but held by a retaining ring on the mirror itself. If you just try to prise the mirror off you'll probably break some of the mechanism.

You can access this 'ring' through a small slot in the top of the mirror housing but only when the rear casing is removed!
The other way is to tilt the mirror down as far as it will go and just behind the mirror you should beable to access some slots in the top of the ring. Rotate the ring (sorry I can't remember which way) just a few degrees. A little bit of pressure on the front of the mirror will help ease this.

I wish I had taken some pictures when I did this a couple of month ago.

It's best to remove the rear case of the housing to get the mirror back on. As mentioned, this reveals a small slot where you can easily access the 'ring'. The back can then be clipped on after the mirror is in place.

Make sure you do solder the connections to the new temperature sensor. The leads are exposed to the elements here and a simple twist or even crimp won't last long.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome