Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Audio for Laguna Mk1

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Audio for Laguna Mk1

I got the radio code from the dealers for my recent Laguna 2.0s Rti buy, thinking I was at last going to have a car with audio control by the wheel. Alas.

Once the code was entered, I could only get the rear speakers to work. The buttons worked on the lever control and on the unit's fascia. I tried a cassette, which played at first (still only back speakers), but then went silent and just displayed TR2. I switched it off but when I tried to switch back on nothing happened. Blart.

Upon removing the device I first noticed the code written in big felt-tip numbers (blub), then a pound coin dropped out!

The previous owner had kids.

Anyway, I've decided to put this unexpected windfall towards a replacement unit. Any suggestions? Is there a range of part nos I can look at that will fit?

I'd make do with a simple cassette/radio, though an MP3 & CD playing unit would be good.
Currently in musineer's garage:
1996 Laguna MK 1, 2.0 RTI
  5 Lastest Threads by musineer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna engine won't turn Engines musineer 2 1055 19th October 2009 04:07 PM
Laguna I: Rear brake pressure regulating valve Wheels & tyres musineer 2 2013 14th August 2009 11:04 AM
Renault Laguna 1 - JC5 Gearbox Info Laguna Heddy 7 8957 20th August 2008 07:08 PM
Surprise fix for Laguna immobiliser Electronics musineer 2 2049 20th August 2008 06:31 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome