Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing Cassette With Cd Player

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I thought renault may have been an expensive option! I put a head unit in my car that was originally from a Clio, so i needed the fascia adapter that I mentioned before. As for your car being a 99 car - is it a phase 1 or the facelifted phase 2 Megane?

I found a couple of head units on eBay that should do the job - although head units are not compatible between phase 1 and 2 cars as the wiring is different.

This one will do the job for a Phase 1 car and is identical to the one fitted to my car (which is a phase1 surprisingly enough!) And you'll need the fascia adapter plate for this one.

This'll do the job on a phase 2 car and as it is curved you won't need the fascia adapter of course.

I've found theres loads on eBay for the phase 2 cars but not phase 1 as presumably cd players were not so common back then! Goog luck searching.

Oh, just remembered if the existing radio/cass says "Tuner List" on the front you'll need one like option 2 above. If it says "Renault Philips" then you'll be after one like option 1 above. Hope this helps.

Currently in Bob925's garage:
2015 '65 Vauxhall Astra SRi, and a variety of "lovely" buses

Last edited by Bob925; 19th August 2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: The bit at the bottom!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome