Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hit & Run Drivers

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 23rd January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I'd love to see a website dedicated to cars that had turned out to be uninsured after a hit and run. I'm sure it would grow pretty quickly, but as long as the cars were localised by area, a few people keeping their eyes peeled might just achieve what the police are unable to.

The dealer thing, I'm not so sure about. I've had less than perfect experiences with almost every dealer I've used (I can think of only two noteable exceptions) and there have been times when I could have called them fit to burn, even though their quality of work is generally acceptable or even good. It would be unfair for one person's rant to turn into negative publicity for a dealer, though maybe there's be some merit in a more objective system, where consistent good or bad performance could be averaged out and flagged up.

The legal side is simple in theory (though I'm unsure of the practicalities): Just host the site on a server in Hong Kong with an administrative contact somewhere in the former Soviet Union.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome