Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - HELP! Upgrading the Cabasse Auditorium

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
HELP! Upgrading the Cabasse Auditorium

Hi chaps and chappesses of fine knowledge,

I've question I hope someone can help with.

I've an '03 1.9 dCi Laguna sport tourer Initiale with the upgraded Cabasse CD system - the one with the 6 CD multichanger in the dash and the tuner/amp in the boot.

Now, the CD player mechanism is FUBAR (well and truly gone south).

I've bought a replacement second hand head unit off of eBay (what a wonderful place!) but it's for an '05 Laguna (phase II I believe)

It's still a Cabasse Auditorium, looks nearly the same, a bit more modern looking. It's still the 6 CD changer, and it reads MP3s too.

But, it's slightly larger - it has bigger "ears" on it and the plug is different at the back.

Now, if I could adapt the current wiring loom to the new head unit I could trim the "ears" off and make it fit. But I don't want to alter it physically yet in case I can't get it to work in the car with the existing set up.

I was going to buy an adaptor lead (just to fit the socket on the radio) and try and work out what wires do what and then do a simple bit of patching from the existing plug to the new head unit.

But I don't know what any of the wires do.

Has anyone ever had any experience with swapping out a 1st generation Cabasse 6CD thing to a 2nd generation one?

I have noticed that the 2nd generation Cabasse is labelled "Clarion"!! Maybe Cabasse just "badged" the 2nd generation units.

Anyway, if anyone can shed any light at all, or let me know what any of the wires do I'd be a happy bunny.

Currently in Benjamin74's garage:
Laguna II 1.9 dCi 2003 Initiale Sport Tourer
  5 Lastest Threads by Benjamin74
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Wiring Diagrams and info Electronics twingo 2 4182 24th August 2007 07:20 AM
HELP! Upgrading the Cabasse Auditorium Electronics Andy M 4 5199 20th August 2007 03:07 PM
Cabasse Radio Codes Electronics hondo 4 24955 7th August 2007 01:20 PM
Laguna II VDA / Phone Plug Connections Electronics ubos100 19 8819 2nd August 2007 08:13 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome