Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Injector Warning Light & Water

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Injector Warning Light & Water

I was hoping somebody could help me diagnose with a problem with the injection warning light. I have a 1999 1.9dTi Laguna Alize. Halfway through a recent trip the injection warning light came on and put the car into limp home mode on the motorway. This happened when there was very heavy rain with lots of water on the highway. Water being splashed everywhere from the road, windscreen wipers on full speed etc. We called the breakdown people and they were no use. The mechanic openly admitted that he was hopeless with diesels and suggested it was some grit in the fuel temporarily blocking the injector, get the car to a dealer. We continued our trip for another 20 miles and it happened again (again with very heavy rain and very wet motorway). We left it at the nearest dealership as we had no real alternative. They plugged in the diagnostics and it told them it was the accelerator sensor (potieometer). At an expensive cost the pedal board was replaced after apparently checking the wiring. I asked about water etc and they said that it would have been noticed.

Since then we have driven another 1000 miles with out a problem. Even been driving at 30-40 mph in the wet. Until recently the same very wet weather conditions on the motorway caused the same fault and limp home mode. I could not pull over completely on the motorway, instead continued on the limp home mode for a few minutes to try to get to the exit. The rain stopped and the road surface dryed out (changed from concrete to bitumen) and then the injection warning light extinguished, full power resumed. We drove the remaining 120miles home without a problem.

Could someone help me with my problem? As it seems to me that something is getting wet from all the water being flug up from the motorway and shorting out something. But I am at a loss as to where I should look first (or direct a mechanic). I also want to avoid replacing random sensors and never getting to solve the problem.

Thanks for your help in advance.

5 Lastest Threads by mkcannon
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Injector Warning Light & Water Electronics mkcannon 2 922 20th August 2007 04:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome