Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Front Sidelight Intermittant*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 24th April 2015
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Lightbulb Re: Renault Espace - Front Sidelight Intermittant*FIXED*

I've recently replaced my sidelight bulbs with LED ones as the original ones looked really yellow compared to my aftermarket HID's. as the connection was quite tight I couldn't get the new bulbs in. I ended up filing a slight taper on the edges of the new bulbs but even then it was nearly impossible to get the darn things in. I managed to get one in only to find that it'd gone in the wrong way as LEDs will only work when put in one particular way. I decided to make a tool to help matters. I stretched out a metal coathanger so that it was pretty much straight and at the end made a right-angled bend in the last couple of inches. I flared the wires slightly so it now slides over the bulbs socket and then tightens slightly behind it so that you can hold the socket with one hand from about 20inches away and use your other hand purely just to push the bulb in. Job done . If I can suss out how to add a pic ill have a go tomorrow (not very good with computers and am only using an old iPhone 3GS for Internet stuff).
Hope this Handy tip helps..especially if you've got big hands.
Currently in Bigdave117's garage:
2004 Renault Espace 2.0T Privilege + LPG
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome