Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna estate 2 replacing brake discs

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 24th April 2015
Platinum member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 3 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Exclamation Re: laguna estate 2 replacing brake discs

You can't change the bearings over from one set of discs to the other as you will damage the bearings removing them from the old discs. This is because you can't access the outer part of the bearing to press it out of the hub because the hole is smaller than the bearing, take a look and you will see what I mean.
You would need new bearings which are rarely listed for the Lag 2 as the discs normally come with the bearings fitted. A crapy idea in my opinion but the way Renault decided to do it.

I'm not sure what the minimum thickness is but do be aware that the ABS tone wheel is attached to the inner hub part of the disc, it looks like a dust seal for the bearing. This is very delicate and easily damaged, (don't remove a disc and lay it down face up)
The tone wheel can be removed but should be done so very carefully and evenly.

All in all you're probably better off fitting new discs that come with the bearings and tone wheels.

Please take the time to enter your vehicle details in the "What's current in your garage?" box.

To do this:
Hover over the "TOOLS" tab at the top of the page
> then in the dropdown click on "User Dashboard"
> click on "Edit Your Details" at the top Left hand side.
> scroll down to the "What's current in your garage?" box and enter your vehicle details.
> Once the details are entered scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"

> Done.
Currently in TTT's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome