Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - scenic mkII electronic handbrake pads and discs

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th April 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
scenic mkII electronic handbrake pads and discs

Hi, I have just changed brake pads all round, rear discs/hubs and one rear caliper. Found it necessary to have engine running when removing back calipers as the handbrake goes on with engine on. Make sure car is secure and in neutral! After putting the new caliper on found I couldn't get handbrake cable on so had to go back, remove it, remove the return spring and with engine running and handbrake off just managed to get cable back on, re-pressed piston and re-assembled.
rear discs are an easy job, didn't need a gear puller just undo the main hub nut, clean and put new one on. Front brake pads are a doddle, 2 bolts either slide out old, slide in new and back together.
back brake pistons are spiral wind in and front are just press in, go figure. cheers all that is my Saturday done.
  5 Lastest Threads by bundanoonboy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
1.5dci timing belt and locking pins Engines ours2012 1 445 28th May 2015 02:44 PM
scenic mkII electronic handbrake pads and discs Brakes/Hubs Nottnoc 1 473 25th April 2015 01:56 PM
parking brake fault - check parking brake still... Electronics Geordieric 4 706 6th March 2015 12:15 PM
can scanner Electronics madnoel10 1 307 5th March 2015 08:00 AM
check parking brake - parking brake fault Electronics wasntme 5 968 4th March 2015 12:08 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome