Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Where is HONDO? I need you

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 20th August 2007
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Originally Posted by g-lo View Post
Hondo i know you dont know me but i have a technical question for you. I saw that you gave advice on an engine not so long ago, and i incur the same kind of problem with a laguna 2 eg power loss, engine management light on , pitched whistling while accelerating and was wondering if you could help. thanks

g-lo I'm here now but you've now gone.

You must be desperate asking me teckie questions I'm certainly no teckie at all, but if I can help I will.

I dunno which post you're referring to, but the problem that I had on my Lag II 2.2 sounds somewhat different to yours. On mine, I just had the engine management light come on, with no whistling noise, or lack of power.

But after reading the stuff I'd seen both on here and elsewhere I got the car back to Renault under warranty ASAP primarily because I didn't have to pay.

They replaced the EGR valve and various bits of associated plumbing, a week or so later I found the new EGR valve was leaking oil from the flange, I took it back they they decided this time the seals had gone in the turbo .

This was also replaced under the warranty.

But A word of dire warning tho if the turbo does blow big time, the engine engine hits full revs & starts consuming the engine oil in the sump until the Gawd damned engine oil is all gone, you can't stop it with the key card, the only way its gonna stop is stalling it, hopefully this saves the engine hitting the big bang = scrap!!

If this is not what you are referring to, plz throw me up a link and I'll take another go.
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.

Last edited by hondo; 20th August 2007 at 10:37 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome