Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - replacement of panel/dash display

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 21st August 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by johnfw0 View Post
Hi I have just replaced my Espace digital panel with a compatable second hand one off of ebay ! (32 instead of 600 from Renault). Thanks to TazzyK photo instructions on how to remove the panel...Excellent!!! It seems to have cured the the fault where the display cuts out and tells me lots of rubbish with an audible alarm that drives you mad!! peace at last...the milelage is stored in your ecu so it dont matter what the doner panel has on it!!! Only one problem my central locking wont work! Does anyone have any ideas? Has it anything to do with the little flashing red bulb on the dash??

Does my key need reprograming? where? How much normally?

I just love this forum... I get better info off of here than anywhere else...even RCS !!!!

In theory yes reprogramming the key should sort it out, however I did the same as you bought a dash of e-bay all the numbers matched on both the panels so you would think easy just plug it in ( I now have about 4 panels in my garage). Not so simple, apparently the immobiliser is paired between the panel the ECU & the keys & for some reason when you change the panel they don't match or end up going too far out of range. It ends up getting expensive as you try new keys etc (or at least I did).
In the end it cost me a new panel from Renault & an ecu to solve all the probs I ended up with. It was a very expensive mess
Currently in R5gtt's garage:
R5 GT Turbo, Megane Tourer 1.5 Dci, Megane GT 2.0 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome