Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Folding Roof on Megane 1.5 DYNAMIQUE TOMTOM DCI AUTOMATIC 2dr

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th April 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Folding Roof on Megane 1.5 DYNAMIQUE TOMTOM DCI AUTOMATIC 2dr

I just bought a Megane 1.5 DYNAMIQUE TOMTOM DCI AUTOMATIC 2dr with the folding glass roof (Mk III phase I). Works gr8 :-)
However, we only bought it recently and the seals look a tad on the tired side and the guy at the local car valet company advised us to use a proprietary liquid to 'dress' the rubber to help with the flexibility and prevent early stiffening.
Problem is; if you stop the opening/closing process in mid flow as it were, the roof continues to close/open in small increments with a warning on the dash.
Is it possible to stop the roof opening/closing all together to give access to the seals for treatment or does it require the battery to be disconnected etc ??
Currently in odintheterrible's garage:
Renault Megane Coupé Cabriolet 1.5 dCi 110 Dynamique TomTom 2dr
  5 Lastest Threads by odintheterrible
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
ACC wire connection ... Electronics odintheterrible 2 468 22nd June 2015 06:01 PM
Megane III spare wheel / boot ... Wheels & tyres Tony McGowan 3 608 28th May 2015 02:18 PM
17" alloys on my Megane III ... ?? Wheels & tyres odintheterrible 6 839 20th May 2015 05:17 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome