Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 2.0 IDE engine problems !

View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 21st August 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Oval Bores on cylinders 2-3

Originally Posted by B.A Baracus View Post
Right then, my 2.0 ide Laguna 02' has developed a lumpy idle. Its been on the computer but no faults found. Also had new HT leads and plugs. Renault have said it could be an ECU fault or compression which sounds serious on such a young car. Has anyone had any of the same fault and what was the outcome? These faults sound expensive!!
Hi very interesting, I have had lumpy idle, and limp home at traffic lights and junctions. having spent a fortune on changing valve guides, de coking engine put it back together problem was not solved. Having sent to to a dealer to find out more they reported that

" Renault confirmed an ongoing idle hunt problem with some examples of the ide version. They recommend an new exchange engine."

Basicly it has Oval Bores in cylinders 2-3 having called them it was suggested when under warrenty the engines were replaced with this fault however my car is 5 years old. Renault uk will not assists a single penny as it is just out of 5 years old and 1k more than 72k.

I as you can imagine will never buy a Renault again as my previous Clio packed up as well at 5 years.
Currently in Summit's garage:
Laguna 2.0 ide sport hatch
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome