Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - SHELL V-POWER Diesel

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 21st August 2007 Thread Starter
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by ribbon View Post
i bought "normal" diesel (shell diesel extra) after using up my v-power and i noticed the difference even more!!it definitely improved my acceleration A LOT.i miss it
Mmmmm so what the hell's in it ... I find it hard to believe its just detergents

Shell say ...

Formulated for powerful cleaning action
Shell V-Power Diesel is formulated with powerful cleaning agents, designed not only to prevent the build up of fuel injection system deposits but to remove existing deposits which may have been left behind by other fuels.
Shell V-Power Diesel is designed to actively clean fuel injectors to help them continuously deliver great combustion performance, so helping the engine deliver more power for longer.

Unique synthetic gas-to-liquid (GTL) fuel technology
Shell V-Power Diesel is the first and only performance fuel to incorporate the revolutionary gas-to-liquid (GTL) technology. Synthesised from natural gas - with outstanding ignition quality and exceptional purity for cleaner, efficient combustion Shell has been a leader in the development of this special fuel component. GTL products are colourless, odourless and virtually free of sulphur.

Modern high performance diesel engines are precision engineered, high performance machines designed to be quiet, responsive and highly fuel-efficient. Shell V-Power Diesel is specifically designed to help diesel engines achieve and sustain optimal performance.
High performance diesel engines require multiple fuel injections into the combustion chambers every second, delivered by sophisticated and precision engineered diesel injection equipment.
With some everyday diesel fuels, deposits can build up on the fuel injectors of new diesel engines. These deposits can impair the fuel spray and reduce fuel flow, so giving non-optimum combustion and power loss.

Designed to clean your engine
Shell V-Power Diesel has been specially formulated not only to prevent the build up of these deposits but to remove existing deposits. In this way Shell V-Power Diesel is designed to help restore power lost through deposit formation and to help sustain optimal engine performance.
Shell V-Power Diesel is designed to actively clean fuel injectors to help them continuously deliver great combustion performance.

Marketing hype ... tells you nothing except as Gonscenile states all the diesel is the same, but each manufacturer puts its own additive in .... so whats in it ?

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome