Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 2.0 IDE engine problems !

View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 22nd August 2007
ide man
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Fuel pressure

Originally Posted by Summit View Post
Hi very interesting, I have had lumpy idle, and limp home at traffic lights and junctions. having spent a fortune on changing valve guides, de coking engine put it back together problem was not solved. Having sent to to a dealer to find out more they reported that

" Renault confirmed an ongoing idle hunt problem with some examples of the ide version. They recommend an new exchange engine."

Basicly it has Oval Bores in cylinders 2-3 having called them it was suggested when under warrenty the engines were replaced with this fault however my car is 5 years old. Renault uk will not assists a single penny as it is just out of 5 years old and 1k more than 72k.

I as you can imagine will never buy a Renault again as my previous Clio packed up as well at 5 years.

I feel for you . As far as I am aware Renault have never replaced the engines on these cars even if they were in warrenty .
As for getting to the bottom of the problem most of the problems you are suffering sound like it is fuel problem . There have been many people in this forum who have been ripped off by Renault and I also have learnt once out of warrenty take to a good independent . I had problems with my car misfireing low mpg etc lumpy idle . I found the problem with the misfire was Renault I repeat Renault fitting the wrong plugs and then telling me all my injectors needed cleaning . It was only when I took it to the independent they informed me of this and i had run the car for six months ;;;; . As for the lumpy idle I suggest all ide owners when there car is next in for a service if there car is suffering with the idle problem to get the fuel pressure and flow sensors checked as this I feel when these are not working correctly people drive around in the vehicle unaware which causes of over fueling or under fueling which I feel causes the engine to idle lumpy as the ecu tries to keep engine steady . I also feel this problem may be behind the engine carboning up but hey I am no expert ...

I hope this input helps . Thanks ide man

Don't know quite if it works but they are offering a free playstation 3 please click link below it somthing to with getting enough clickz .
Currently in ide man's garage:
03 laguna initiale 2ltr ide
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome