Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1K to spend on a Kangoo

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 29th April 2015
Platinum member
Nominated 4 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Smile Re: 1K to spend on a Kangoo

hi, I've run diesels for the last 15 years and they are reliable and economic 50 ave mpg is more the norm than exception. I do diy servicing and an interim service costs only about 57 in parts mostly due to the cost of the quality synthetic oil I prefer. I chicken out on cambelt changes now I'm getting too old.
I had a diesel Kangoo as a rental car in the Canaries many years ago and found it to be a good little vehicle to drive but rear leg room is limited. nly problem I had was other people park so close to you, you cant open the rear doors wide enough to put luggage back in with out pulling forward first.

For just grand your going to have to search a bit for a good one but they are out there. The 1.5 dci engine is more than adequate in a vehicle this size ( I have this engine in my Megane and find it more powerful than previous bigger engine diesel Peugeots!). Personally I'd avoid a petrol engine van as 50 mpg would be a dream not a regular achievement.

all best - let us know what you eventually get

Well these are my views - next please
Currently in A55ii's garage:
Megane Sports Tourer 106 1.5 dci , Clio 1.2 16v & A55 mk ii
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome