Join Date: Feb 2007
Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Hi Gary - could be a thermal fuse or even a connector. Before you go any further I suggest you checkout the engine earth leads because if they are duff or dirty it would have the same affect. Try connecting the engine block to the battery - a single booster cable makes an ideal temporary connection. I think it would be best to try an auto-spark before going down the renault route.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l