Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Various Renault problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th April 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Various Renault problems

Hi All

I have a RENAULT CLIO DYNAMIQUE (75) 16V, 2001-2005, 1149cc, 3 door hatchback, Manual, Petrol Car. I recently brought it in January. The past few months i have noticed every time i brake (most of the time when it hits around 15mph) the brake makes a grinding noise and fees like the brakes pop sometimes feels like it pops once sometimes its a lot worse and feels like 6 times? Also when driving in 1 or 2 gear sometimes the left side wheel makes the same noise ? But when I'm doing over 35-40 when ABS is activated the grinding noise disappears and the car and braking feel absolutely perfect for the rest of the journey.

Whilst writing i know its in the wrong forum but i find it very very hard to get into 1st gear it feels stiff and i really have to push it in, unless when the car completely stops i.e. traffic lights it slips into 1st easy ? Also when taking off the traffic lights the car/engnie shakes really bad!

ps - sometimes i can smell a very very slight burning smell ?

Please can you advise if the above is easy/cheap to fix at a local mechanics i know you can't give an exact price due to not knowing the full extent of the problems but a rough judgement would be great

5 Lastest Threads by Hickey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Abs ring ? Brakes/Hubs Browning 3 465 15th June 2015 07:06 PM
Various Renault problems Brakes/Hubs Hickey 3 429 29th April 2015 07:41 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome