Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Retracting wing mirrors automatically

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
The normally closed contacts of the relay are wired in parallel with the 'park' switch of the mirrors. With the relay contacts open, the position will still be dictated by the position of the switch.

I've run a translation through Babelfish, and while it doesn't entirely make sense, I got a better idea of what was going on than I did with my non-existent understanding of French. Unfortunately, it mentions this 'tried and tested' method only working on the Initiale, with a modified circuit diagram further down for other models. I'm not sure I understand this, as the mirrors on my current Initiale appear to work in exactly the same way as they did on my Privelege, except for the fact that they have the memory function (which doesn't appear to make any difference to the switch.)

I also remembered that the Pug actually tied the mirrors into the central locking rather than the ignition. Now that'd be an even neater trick. Can anyone work out a circuit to do that?
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome