Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ABS Ring or Driveshaft Megane Mk1

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th April 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
ABS Ring or Driveshaft Megane Mk1

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post to hopefully save time for anyone thinking of doing the ABS rings/driveshaft change/cv boot on a megane Mk1. There was a lot of talk about how all the hub had to be taken apart etc etc to get at the driveshaft. Turns out it's all unnecessary. I only had to undo the hub nut and the two bolts on the bottom ball joint and I found I could pull the hub out of the way whilst knocking the driveshaft spline out (helps if you pull the rubber brake line holder out). Then I could easily replace the ring (or do the whole driveshaft if you wanted). Whole job was dead easy and only 3 (admittedly tight and rusty) bolts. New ring went on easily with a little heat. 30mins.

I did also have to jack the other wheel off the ground to take the pressure off the anti-roll bar.

Pic attached showing the driveshaft pulled out with the hub, disk, caliper, sensor etc all still in place.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0062.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	71353  
Currently in cellular's garage:
1.6 16v Megane Fidji
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cellular For This Useful Post:
lancs dave (30th April 2015), Meganeman (1st May 2015), Phil48 (1st May 2015)
  5 Lastest Threads by cellular
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane I classic clutch change Transmissions Renoir White 3 359 18th December 2015 06:49 PM
ABS Ring or Driveshaft Megane Mk1 Brakes/Hubs flying clutchman 1 389 30th April 2015 03:59 PM
Megane I Foaming Gearbox Transmissions cellular 6 1239 24th February 2014 08:54 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome