Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 23rd August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
My local garage tells me this is nothing to do with the top dead centre nor the coils and is more likely a faulty component. To recap the first post, I described the problem to my garage and they ran a diagnostic test. The test identified the accelerator potentiometer (and another related switch, the name of which escapes me) as the source of the problem - both of which were replaced. Im happy to report that the problem has largely disappeared but nevertheless still occurs, all be it very occasionally. So the garage ran the diagnostic test again for me and identified the same two components. The engineer tells me that this is more than likely indicative of a faulty standard component.

Has anyone else been advised similarly such that this is indeed a manufacturing fault relating to these components rather than a problem relating to the coils / Top Dead Centre or some other problem?

Currently in sixteen_valve_vanessa's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Expression 1.2 16v

Last edited by sixteen_valve_vanessa; 23rd August 2007 at 09:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sixteen_valve_vanessa For This Useful Post:
anniehunnie (14th July 2010)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome