Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Oval Bores what does this mean

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 24th August 2007
ide man
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Lump idle

Originally Posted by Summit View Post
Hi yes I know it is a known fault once i had spent loads cleaning up the engine and valve guides the dealer explained this. However renault wont help at all as the car is older tha 5 years and completed more than 72k. They have been very very un helpful to say the least, and it has made me look at other makes in future despite the car being really good when working. I have even written to BBC anything really but no joy so all i can do is cut my losses and try to work out how long i can drive the car before its blows.
Is your car just suffering with slight lump idle ??
Whats your MPG ?
And how does it perform as ide is good at pulling 70-90mph
If all the answers are yes there is nothing to worry about and drive it and enjoy it .
Most cars can break at any time bore ware is usual on cars of that mileage I feel the Renault dealer is pulling your pud
I would not pay the repair bill I would just drive it if it runs .
One last question have the sripped the engine to tell you this ??? Because it is a big claim .

My ide is at 90,000 miles on a 52 plate no problems at all with the engine other members have done 130,000 and have suffered with the lumpy idle and cured it with injector cleaner .

Thanks ide man

Don't know quite if it works but they are offering a free playstation 3 please click link below it somthing to with getting enough clickz .
Currently in ide man's garage:
03 laguna initiale 2ltr ide
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome