Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic RX4 - Poor Brakes

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 24th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
No the ABS never came on, not even in the wet.

I said this to Renault and they said something like, well how do you expect the ABS to operate with such big wheel and a heavy car.

In that case, why does it even have ABS if the wheels arnt capable of locking up!

The brakes were so bad, a few of my firends drove the car and i said try the brakes, they did and replied. "i wouldnt drive this, theres no brakes"

When we first realised this we were on a family holiday in france and someone pulled out infront of us. The car bearly stopped intime, and there was quite a bit of space.

I must admit though ive not heard about the loss in vacume if you accelerate while braking, although there didnt seem to be a loss in braking, they felt the same as they usually would only i was getting faster.

I heard a story while i was trying to get the brakes sorted out, that 3 Drs in Scotland bought RX4s for their job, after one of them found out how poor the brakes were, all 3 scenics were replaced for something else.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome