Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Retracting wing mirrors automatically

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by secondmouse
Sorry - obviously I had the wrong end of the stick - leafing thru' the manual casually a while back I noticed my model (Dynamique) does not sadly have the F switch position and therefore EFM. I thought that was what they did - i.e. would fold and unfold when the engine is switched off/on and in the F position? (that would be much more logical IMHO). Now I don't feel too badly.
Main disadvantage with mirrors automatically folding when you switch engine off and folding out again when engine is on is that if you don't have an overide switch it is a pain. Many times I have engine on and fold mirrors back in to allow cars to squeeze past on narrow lanes, again every day I put car in and out of garage mirrors are folded with engine on. If mirrors only folded with engine off I wouldn't be able to put car away in garage properly ( at the moment I pull right over to one side as far as possible to allow more room for opening drivers door). Hence the need for an overide switch so you can fold the mirrors in or out whenever you want to regardless of ignition/engine status.

Electric folding mirrors, no matter how they work are still an excellent idea. Especially folding passenger side mirror in when on your own. Renault may not have the ideal solution , but it is better than nothing and better than a lot of others that don't have any.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome