Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Replaced Turbo on 1.9dci Lag 2

Long story short as I've been posting on Parkers for the past few weeks.
Car purchased from leaseplan at end of 3 yr lease with 1 year warranty (ends 31st Jan 2006). 1 month ago turbo whistling, taken to Martins Renault Basingstoke, confirmed turbo kaput, replaced and Leaseplan paid the bill.
Suggestion from parkers forum is that Intercooler, turbo pipes, oil and filter 'must' be replaced when new turbo fitted and EGR cleaned or replaced.

Since turbo replaced, around 10-15% reduction in mpg which parkers suggests could be EGR issue...

On asking Martins whether they checked EGR - NO! and it appears only the turbo was replaced, nothing else, full stop! They also state that mpg issue nothing to do with new turbo but can investigate for me if I like (and pay).

I understand that a yellow flag OTS exists for turbo 's?!?

Question -

Should Martins have done more than they did, i.e replace Intercooler, pipes, oil & filter and clean or replace EGR . Is this mandatory instruction from Renault or just a 'suggestion' or idea that has been created on 'parkers forum'.
What rights/leverage do i have to get Martins to check the EGR valve or do I take it to a small local Indy Renault garage. What are the turbo warranty issues IF they did not replace the oil & filter plus the other items mentioned above...

Any advice welcome, particularly if anyone has any 'formal' Renault feedback on the turbo issue OR any further info on the yellow flag OTS issue...

Thans in advance
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome