Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Leroy Grills his Lag

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th August 2007 Thread Starter
RIP 31-12-2008
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Leroy Grills his Lag

After my recent MOT I noticed that the guy who runs the place had installed some wire mesh behind the grill on his Lag I Estate and I though it looked quite good. He said that it also helped to protect the radiator a bit and the bits for the aircon system so I thought I will give it a go. Got the mesh from B&Q as advised and got a piece of alloy mesh for 6.00 had to cut in half with tin snips to make a piece for each side. I sprayed the parts with several coats of clear and they look very good. I removed the wheel arch liners and splash trays as advised by Haines but got very lucky removing the bumper as there was no main bolt behind the numberplate, only three bolts on the main splash tray and one each side under the wheel arch. The only minor problem was unplugging the spots as the clip on the small plug is recessed and difficult to get at and in the end I used a small hook to lever up the clip. I fixed the mesh in place with fibre glass strips weighted down until set. Got the bumber back on with a bit of a struggle (really need someone at each side for this). I'm giving the wheel arch liners and smaller splash trays a good clean up before they go back on as they still have remnants of the cow SH$$T we picked up in France attached. If anyone need further details of splash tray and bumper removal give me a shout and I will try and help.
Regards Leroy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grilly 2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	3940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Grilly 3.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	3941  

Beauty is in the eye of the Beerholder