Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Retracting wing mirrors automatically

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I think Peugeot's version is the closest to perfect that I've seen. There's still the switch on the dash so that you can fold the mirrors in when you need to (even when driving) but if you leave the switch in the normal operating position, the mirrors fold in when you lock the car and unfold again when you unlock it.

The pitfall, as I already mentioned, is that if you fit towing mirrors to your door mirrors, they're liable to hit the bodywork when the mirrors fold in, possibly causing damage. I'm not sure how Peugeot owners who tow with their cars get around this, but when I was looking at the 407, I was contemplating fitting a switch in-line with the fuse for the mirrors.

I'm in the habit of folding my mirrors in every time I park (even off the road, outside my house) but every now and again, I forget. You can bet that it'll be one of those times will be when someone cuts it just a little bit too fine while passing my car.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome