Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Choices!

Thread: Clio Choices!
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 26th August 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
If you are going for a 182 go for one with the cup packs it's not like the 172 cup i.e no abs but you get slightly stiffer suspension the cup spoiler and dark anthracite wheels. Main reason I say this is for resale value as the ones without cup packs are far less desirable.

There isn't a lot of differences they are very much the same car there is almost no noticable difference in performance. I personally would go for a 182 because I like the wheels and the wider choice of colours. Though if I was watching the pennys I would go for a low mileage 172 as these can be picked up for 5k these days whereas most 182 models are still around 7-9k and when the 197 is more widely available these prices will drop.

I would try to avoid anything over 40k miles personally as things start to wear out and the fabulous chassis looses a bit of it's edge. Remember a lot of these have been owned by people who enjoy enthausiastic driving so be aware of that aswell. Anything that has modifications would be a no no for me but a lot of people are wise to this and return them to standard before selling.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome