Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Retracting wing mirrors automatically

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I've had the Laguna mirrors fail to retract a few times on the last Laguna, and possibly on this one (I'm not sure.) In each case, turning the switch to the normal position and then back to the retracting position sorted them out second time around.

Going off on a tangent somewhat: Now that I think of it, I've noticed a couple of differences in the way that the mirrors work on the new car. For starters, if a car wash (or something else) pulls the mirror all the way forward, the new car will correct it if I fold the mirrors out and back in again. The old one would simply turn the mirror a set number of degrees, leaving it sticking out in the 'folded' position, and twisted all the way forward in the 'unfolded' position.

The other one, I can't swear to, but I think I'd have noticed if the old car did it: The mirror and window motors won't operate simultaneously. If you activate one of the electric windows while the mirrors are in the process of folding, the mirrors pause until the window operation is complete.

Maybe they all behave like this, but if they don't, then this might be a good tell-tale to show which ones are multiplex (boo!) and which are conventionally wired (you can't beat "power -> fuse -> switch -> load -> ground" in my book.)
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome