Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Mid point oil changes on dci's

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2006
Originally Posted by WebCode
Good idea for the intermediate oil change.

However the MINIMUM Oil viscocity used in the 1.9/2.2DCi MUST be Fully Synthetic 5W40..

10W40 is not good enough to protect the DCi engine, particularly the Turbo bearings.
I Don't want to be too negative but I have changed toooo many Turbo's & Engines due to premature failure caused by incorrect oil being used, along side the extended service intervals...
Not to question your expertise but thats what Renault Bolton put in at my 18000 mile service and if I switch now, and I agree with you entirely, in 9000 miles at its 36000 service as its a Renault uk maindealer warranty they will only put in the minumum recommended 10w 40 semi, so thought a change is better than nothing and in six months when I'm out of the manufacturers warranty I'll get one from Warranty direct and start putting in the good stuff.

These are good cars with great engines why are renault killing them off due to stupid service intervals and inferior quality oils
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome