Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how to change out

View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by davesss
Obviously after driving the car for a few days in the dry the puddle you mention must have dried out and as I said the xenons are now ok. So is the right washer after spraying some WD40 into the hole they pop out of.
had that problem several times. WD40 is a great product (must be, comes from England *NOT just fishing* ) but it is not adhessive and viscous enough to lube for long time.
I found something in my toolbox, which works great: grease the plumber uses to grease the water tap, in German it is "Armaturenfett", I haven't found a translation online, maybe you guys know what I mean. THis grease seems to be very resistant vs. whiper fluid, which usually is quite degreasing. This works fine since 6 month now or in other words 20 Liters of whiping fluid...

PS I have just read the translation by Franz it is very good and has prompted me to remove my bumper as soon as I get the time and seal everything I can find!
Thank you! Btw: good idea to seal this. Acryl costs just a few pence, a new ballard is much more expensive...
Currently in dFZe('s garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome