Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Retracting wing mirrors automatically

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Nope, the mirrors motors never actually needed fixing. They were two of the few things on the car that actually stood the test of time

I've never been convinced that the cars are multiplexed - certainly not entirely. The road lights seem to be pretty conventionally wired, and even Renault's own towbar wiring kit doesn't use bypass relays. There are still plenty of wiring looms running here, there and everywhere.

Looking at both of the Renault RTA diagrams linked on the site, it would seem that they've gone for a multiplex solution to achieve the seat and mirror memory function. They may have since decided to use this system with these features disabled on other models, but I wouldn't take it as read and think we need a definitive way of knowing before anyone goes ahead and tries this mod.

To further confuse matters, the multiplex diagram states at the bottom that it's for models with electrochrome (door) mirrors. I know that was a feature on the original Initiale, but mine doesn't appear to have them
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome