Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rx4 rear elec window problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Rx4 rear elec window problem

Finally come back to Renault after 10 years of Peugeot, Citroen and VW. Bought a 2000 Megane Scenic Rx4 Monaco 2 days ago from a friend of a friend so I know where its come from. Problems with rear passenger side electric window. I took the door card off and found the problem. The plastic coated rod from the electric motor has broken off where it connects to the piece of plastic that seems to be stuck to the bottom of the window glass. Never messed with windows before so unsure what to do. Hopefully I can get replacement rod thing from Renault and sort it myself. Only thing is lack of space to access things. Seems like the plastic thing is just stuck to the bottom of the window with a sticky pad. Does anyone know how to fix this or have a similar problem? Any help much appreciated.
Currently in andyrob2602's garage:
2000 Megane Scenic RX4 Monaco
  5 Lastest Threads by andyrob2602
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Front fog light bulb replacement Electronics hrg207 8 5495 28th August 2007 08:26 PM
Rx4 rear elec window problem Electronics andyrob2602 8 1807 28th August 2007 06:06 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome