Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - what renault cars have you owned

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 28th August 2007 Thread Starter
vel satis 1
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by leroy View Post
Hi there, the first car I actually owned was a Dauphine, did a lot of miles in this until it expired, a pig to start sometimes as only a six volt battery. Next was an
R8 which was okay but I swapped it for the Gordini version which was great, used to fly past my pal's 1600E, next up was an older R5 the type with the gear lever in the dashboard . Went off Renault for a while after this one until I got the current Lag I
which is really nice and so far very few problems,
Regards Leroy
Hi Leroy the mk 1 laguna i had only had the usual things go on it like exhaused parts and i lost part of one of the front springs two years ago but that may be because at the time i had my sons band in it bass player,lead guitar player, drummer and drum kit.singer and all the equipment and me driving it went twang bang clunck and i ran it over with the back wheels it was like a rubber ball on the front for springs until it was put right. also i would like to tell you about some great tyres which i think are the best kept secret for all renault cars the make is barum bravus if you go on the web put in cheap tyres it should come up with the right site you will not get better tyres at any price good in wet ,snow,ice and holds the road like glue gareth.
Currently in vel satis 1's garage:
2003 renault vel satis v6 24 valve 3.5 petrol engine model Initiale BJOV
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome