Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 1.6i Idling problems - Engine cut out at junction ?

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 29th August 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I have the same problem with my 2002 laguna II as well. It has stalled on me a few times and I am also dreading it happening when my wife takes the children out!

In early June the car started showing led on the dash when my wife was away with it. She called the AA who rang diags and nothing showed up - however, he did say that it was more than likely a coil issue but couldn't identify which one. My wife also said that he used a pen knife and was scraping somewhere at the front of the engine but couldn't say where. When she brought the car back I took it out for a drive and it was so responsive I couldn't believe it, it was like it should be no stalling and just touch the throttle and away it went. The dreaded led came on again so I had a mate in the trade replace all of the coils and when I then took it for a drive it was back to it's stuttering best !!

If anyone could possibly know what the AA guy was doing with his pen knife maybe this could help rectify the issue as the coils certainly didn't.
Currently in daithi's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome