Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - RX Rear disc removal, prompt/any advice needed

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th May 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
RX Rear disc removal, prompt/any advice needed

In overalls as I write!
Stripping the rear brakes down, I have to replace the discs and pads, at present I have only managed to remove one torx retaining screw after much soaking!

However, my main concern is firstly:
Do the rear wheel Hub nuts have to be removed on an RX4 to free the rear discs?

If they do have to come off, is the passenger side Hub nut a left hand thread?
Or if the Hub nuts have to come off are they both conventional Right-Hand threads?

Or if it is not necessary to remove the hubs nuts and the discs are just held on by corrosion, the quickest and best method of removal is ?

Any hints tips would be extremely helpful, I have also bought a Cube piston wind-back device to attach to a ratchet and screw the rear pistons back, this is the bit i thought may give my trouble!

Finally, is it necessary to fiddle with the hand brake mechanism apart from leaving it off!

RX4 information is extremely sparse and I wondered if there was any differences in process, through it being nominally a 4 wheel drive.

many thanks

Currently in jboy75's garage:
RX4, Rover 400, some motorcycles
  5 Lastest Threads by jboy75
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
RX Rear disc removal, prompt/any advice needed Brakes/Hubs madnoel10 8 783 17th May 2015 11:10 AM
Starter motor Fiasco Engines jboy75 4 526 31st January 2015 08:00 PM
RX4 Noise Engines jboy75 8 953 27th September 2014 03:16 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome