Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - RX Rear disc removal, prompt/any advice needed

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 17th May 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: RX Rear disc removal, prompt/any advice needed

Thanks, just wanted to double check, I have drilled the passenger- side torx with HSS drills, I am sure the heads are through, I hit the old passenger- side disc with a lump hammer and nothing moved! Can corrosion be that tough?

I have been drilling the Driver's side disc torx screws with HSS drills and either my drills are blunt or the metal torx are tough, I have had, one blunted drill, two bent drills, these are not shop specials either. This certainly isn't a 10 second job! Why don't they use something that doesn't corrode in situation, this is time I can ill afford, fannying about!.

The parts came from these guys, no one could come anywhere near them on prices.!/shop/RENA...%20and%20Shoes.

Surely a Lump hammer would budge a stuck disc, did you use wood to dampen the shocks?

A fellow Honda Civic owner?
(Oh! I picked up my father's old Honda Civic 1.4, last week, registered Sept 03, bought 01/04, 36,200 miles! The Rover 400iS I had, now scrapped, was noticeably more powerful, yet my insurance charged me an extra 120 for the remaining six months of my policy, why? Driving it feels strange with the electronically controlled steering rack!). I am writing to complain about this, I expected the 18 transfer fee but.... Saga

Currently in jboy75's garage:
RX4, Rover 400, some motorcycles
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome