Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna - Keycard - Starting Problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th August 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna - Keycard - Starting Problem

Hi there,

having a nightmare at the moment with my 2001 laguna ii sport model car. Its been in the shop now for 2 weeks.. This is briefly how it got there. Drove down to the shop parked the car as usual probable about 10 minutes. Returned to the car unlocked it and when I put the keycard in the ignition nothing happened the dash did not light up just a red light flashing and making a faint indicator sound. We had to get the car towed to the main dealers. They informed us that it was the keycard but we had our reservations. We had to wait 2 weeks for the new card and guess what it wasn't the card we had to pay 165 euro to order it in the first place. Anyway the latest is now that they THINK its the steering lock which will cost 800 euro to buy and then cost of labour to fit it..Again we have our reservations as the garage will not tell us for definate this is the problem. We think its something electrical???Has anyone out there experienced this problem I really would love to hear from you before it breaks my bank account.

Looking forward to any replies.
Currently in racheli's garage:
2001 renault laguna ii sport 1.6 petrol

Last edited by racheli; 30th August 2007 at 12:06 PM. Reason: left something out
  5 Lastest Threads by racheli
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna - Keycard - Starting Problem Electronics ottoman 8 1935 30th August 2007 12:01 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome