Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Handy Carminat tip

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2006 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Handy Carminat tip

Has anyone else been having murder getting the thing to recognise the voice command "Destination home?" It's been driving me nuts for ages. The problem seems to be that the voice for 'home' is pre-programmed, whereas for all of the other destinations, you get to record the name in your own voice.

I was just about to add an entry for my house with the voice prompt 'my house' when, just for a laugh, I thought I'd see what happened if I held my nose and said "Destination home.' Wow! Instead of asking me which bowling alley I wanted to visit, it did what I asked it to right away.

I've tried it a few times and it's only failed the once. Considering that I had the sproglet in the back and he was being quite noisy, I'm prepared to forgive it.

So if you see someone driving a Laguna, holding his nose and talking to nobody, it's me on my way home
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
  5 Lastest Threads by Horatio
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio II odd ABS fault Electronics jamie 6 3842 22nd May 2011 08:49 AM
Carminat TomTom nightmare Electronics JohnKFreeman 9 16970 7th May 2011 09:54 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome