Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2006 Grande Scenic Electrical Problems

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 23rd May 2015
Mrs Shahzad
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
My car Renault Scenic 2005 (fully serviced from the local garage,Berkshire ,UK)on Monday the 18/05/2015 caught a fire and exploded while standing on my driveway just 5-10 min after i parked the car,came out of it,' turned off the car and entered the house .
On the way to home , on turning the fan at no 4, a nasty smell from the dashboard started after few seconds . I quickly turned off the fan and pressed the hazard light and then drove the car slowly towards home( home is very close to this side)
Has anyone heard this type of incident of scenic 2005 in the past 10 years? It has damaged front side of my property and neighbor's. The quick arrival of fire services has saved from bigger loss.
I contacted the Renault customer services but they showed no interest in hearing the story. This incident happened at 10:34-11:00 and by 3:00 the car was taken away by the insurance company. Is there any way to have full investigation of the cause of current incident.? The insurance company will just assess the value of the car and then give the money to us. This is not what I want. I would like to have full investigation in order to assess the risk of the electrical system of grand scenic 2005 . This is the only way forward to save others in the future. I think Renault and local garages are the best sources to collect the data about fire incidents and complain related to electrical faults.
Currently in Mrs Shahzad's garage:
Renault grand scenic 2005
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome