Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 1st September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
ok i read this thread, let me tell u my story n let me know what u think

the first time i encoutned such a problem was when i stopped at traffic lights, it was downhill, so not a problem to stall really.

lights go green, i go, but within 3 second, the car died out as iff someone pulled the plug on it. so i drifted along with no power, just the accelaration i had at the time for about 5 meters n then the car came back into power again, n off i first thoughwas the petrol but that was failry full but i filled up neverthe less....

this was about 3 weeks ago, and since then i encoutned no problems...

today, my petrol as on 15 minutes past on the metre pointing ---> this way, so its half full.....

i think my car died out 4 times , luckily the car come back to life within 3-10 seconds, but i have to do the ignition again, and sometimes it occurs right after, so it takes me a few attempts to finally go......

i noticed that the first light i notice is the power assisted steering light, the one that looks like a steering wheel

to be honest though, its such a panicky situation that happens so fast i dont know which lights exaclty come up n not...
but to sum it up, my car loses all power no lights nothing for anything between 3-10 seconds.....alsmot like it has stalled, but it hasnt...

i have also noticed a hell of a lot of cliking around the dashboard and the steering whell and the electronics, i have reason to belive one this problem was triggered by me indicating to the right, but this could just be a coincidence....

does this sound like the same problem ?? i would like your opoinions as i am going to take this to the renault deals and would like to know what to say

the car is a renault clio authentique 2003 and i am totally inexperienced drving for 6 months and not fluent in my car knowlege so im very worried...

thnk you
Currently in eSo's garage:
renault clio 2003
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome