Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rant about car tax

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st September 2007 Thread Starter
Torch DCi
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Post Rant about car tax

ok so ive got all my documents and im on my way down to the local PO to get a new tax disc as its the end of the month and the previous disc has ran out. Now i normally purchase tax discs online as i find it a very quick service and hassle free, however i had no money in the bank account so thought id be as well waiting till the end of the month and get it in person.
I'm insured through swift cover and as you may or may not know they have a recycling program in place which means they don't send out certificates they email them to you in pdf form (which im all for).
Of course this means that if you wish to purchase a tax disc you must print out your certificate of insurance right? But as it states on the renewal form "we will not accept photo copies!", how does this work then if swift cover will not send out any paper copies?
Well I have to contact them and ask for a paper copy don't I
I am fuming at this because it makes a mokery (spelling?) of the recycling program

However in the end i've just purchased my car tax online to save any hassle's etc the only problem for me is that my car can't be driven until the new tax disc arrives.
I don't have a problem with that, what i do have a problem with is that if the online system works so well with the ability to check your details electronically then why on earth can't the post offices use the same system

rant over
Currently in Torch DCi's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Techno
  5 Lastest Threads by Torch DCi
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Well whos waiting to pick up there copy of Halo3? General Chat Torch DCi 5 1232 25th September 2007 09:33 PM
Rant about car tax Cars & motoring Bob925 12 2127 1st September 2007 03:15 PM
Gave the Lag a polish today My mottah! eggsy 12 2345 20th May 2007 07:43 PM
Rear Door Handle Loose Bodywork VelSatisfied 5 1929 12th April 2007 10:03 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome