Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Think Safety when buying second hand Parts

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st September 2007 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Think Safety when buying second hand Parts

Hi to all,we all have done it and many still do and that is buy second hand parts from breakers yard i do,i have worked for a breakers in NI for many years and as much as it is great to get a part from a breakers yard from a near new car for half the price this is the point i would like to make as much as this car you are buying the part from you do not know what has happened to this car in the past it could of been involved in a nasty head on collision and as much as this car can never be put back on the road again because of the law the breaker can do as he likes with the parts so when you do buy parts from the breakers always think safety first and give it a good thorough check before you leave the yard for any signs of hair line cracks excessive wear and tear i hope this speaks for itself to help you when you are buying second hand parts all the very best Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
  5 Lastest Threads by Donald
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Have You Stopped Smoking General Chat johnboyw 55 4371 21st September 2013 09:21 AM
AVS Music Converter to MP3 Free Download Help Computer Club Donald 2 1980 10th March 2012 03:02 PM
Posting Problem Feedback & Announcements hondo 21 4421 31st December 2011 04:11 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome