Independent Renault Forums banner

Washers - no pressure?

6K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Olliehayman 
#1 ·
The washers located on my bonnet don't appear to have much pressure although the water is making its way through. We've checked and there doesn't seem to be any blockages, any ideas guys?

#2 ·
Take the rubber tube off where it joins to the jet and try it then and if the water squirts out i would guess the jets have got dirt in them and if the water presure is still cr@p you could have a blockage at the pump in the water tank or the pump is on its way out,all the best Donald

#3 ·
SB Try emptying the washer bottle, use a tube and syphon the stuff out thats already in there, try not to taste it tho.

Refill the washer bottle with hand hot water leave it in there for around 15-20 minutes then try the washers if it don't work the first time, do the same again it took 3 times, but this worked on mine. :)

#6 ·
Thanks for advice guys, spent some time tinkering with it yesterday and emptied the tank as hondo suggests. The water is getting through, and we did manage to get some sludge out of the pipes, but it seems to have a small blockage somewhere else. I'm gonna get the guy to fix it before my MOT on Friday.

Incidentally, the rear washer also isn't working - is this due to the front one not having enough pressure to push it towards the rear? And is the rear one also an MOT failure?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.